Surf!
It's been a while since I checked onlne. After the last post we had a safari in the outback which was really great. The guide was a true control-freak and could act like an atom-clock, but aside from that the trip itself brought us breathtaking views and panoramas. The 7km basewalk around Ayres Rock and the Kings Canyon climb were the most impressive ones I think.
After the safari we took the plane to Brisbane from where a rental car was waiting. Driving on the left for the first time was really scary!! Getting on a roundabout still feels weird but in the meantime I got used to this way of driving pretty well.
The first stop was Surfers Paradise where we even had an ocean view! Just the weather was a downer: raining all the time. The place itself was also a bit too commercial and expensive actually, so we moved on to Brisbane for a couple of nights from where we could visit the Australia Zoo (with a special service for Steve Irwin who passed away just 2 days after arrived here). This zoo was impressive, but I preferred the Koala Sanctuary were we could cuddle a koala. The proof is here: http://www.koala.net/photo/1409018217en.htm :)
It was one of those things that I really wanted to do here, so one more wish actually came true. Brisbane didn't really impress me too much, the people here don't look too happy. It's just another big city like Brussels where people are stuck in their ratrace. So it was time to move on again direction: Sunshine coast. Right now I'm actually sitting at ease in the youth hostel of Noosa Heads. This time a real Surfers Paradise! Seeing all these people surfing here really incites me. Also the weather finally became better, so hopefully I`ll get the chance to also get onto a board...
After the safari we took the plane to Brisbane from where a rental car was waiting. Driving on the left for the first time was really scary!! Getting on a roundabout still feels weird but in the meantime I got used to this way of driving pretty well.
The first stop was Surfers Paradise where we even had an ocean view! Just the weather was a downer: raining all the time. The place itself was also a bit too commercial and expensive actually, so we moved on to Brisbane for a couple of nights from where we could visit the Australia Zoo (with a special service for Steve Irwin who passed away just 2 days after arrived here). This zoo was impressive, but I preferred the Koala Sanctuary were we could cuddle a koala. The proof is here: http://www.koala.net/photo/1409018217en.htm :)
It was one of those things that I really wanted to do here, so one more wish actually came true. Brisbane didn't really impress me too much, the people here don't look too happy. It's just another big city like Brussels where people are stuck in their ratrace. So it was time to move on again direction: Sunshine coast. Right now I'm actually sitting at ease in the youth hostel of Noosa Heads. This time a real Surfers Paradise! Seeing all these people surfing here really incites me. Also the weather finally became better, so hopefully I`ll get the chance to also get onto a board...

0 Comments:
Een reactie posten
<< Home