First impressions
After a dissappointing delay of the NMBS railways, a supercool taxi driver - who used to work for Sidmar (Arcelor) in a former life - brought us right on time to the Thalis railway-station where the trip could finally start.
24 hours of flying to Sydney was quite some experience I must say! Luckily there was a stop in Hong Kong where I could eat chinese food on real chinese premises :)
Sunday 2 september late in the evening, a Russian taxi-driver took us for about 10 AUD to the hotel. Even around 11 PM there was still a bookstore open where I could finally find a book about 'playing poker'. The next day we went for a city-trip by bus which gave me the idea that Syndey is a mixture of San Francisco - USA style and several European cultural influences. One of the highlights of course was the Opera House and its beautiful surroundings. The aquarium we visited in the afternoon was amazing: they showed all kinds of exotic and extraordinary fish (including sharks swimming right on top of your head). Even the Hardrock cafe we visited and a new glass for beer can be put in the cupboard with souvenirs :)
24 hours of flying to Sydney was quite some experience I must say! Luckily there was a stop in Hong Kong where I could eat chinese food on real chinese premises :)
Sunday 2 september late in the evening, a Russian taxi-driver took us for about 10 AUD to the hotel. Even around 11 PM there was still a bookstore open where I could finally find a book about 'playing poker'. The next day we went for a city-trip by bus which gave me the idea that Syndey is a mixture of San Francisco - USA style and several European cultural influences. One of the highlights of course was the Opera House and its beautiful surroundings. The aquarium we visited in the afternoon was amazing: they showed all kinds of exotic and extraordinary fish (including sharks swimming right on top of your head). Even the Hardrock cafe we visited and a new glass for beer can be put in the cupboard with souvenirs :)

0 Comments:
Een reactie posten
<< Home